drift faq

Thank you for considering Drift for your elopement planning! We have put together a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you don't see your question, just shoot us an email and we would be more than happy to help!

Frequently asked questions

How did Drift Elopements get it's start?

Frankie, the owner and creator of Drift, has been in the wedding and events industry for many years and fell in love with weddings, design and customer care. She recognized the need to give couples their picture perfect wedding all while keeping their pocketbook full. Frankie and her family decided to take on a new adventure. They packed up and moved from Austin, Texas their long time home and made their way to their new home in beautiful Naples, Florida! Follow their journey on Instagram: @Drift_Elopements

How do I start planning my elopement?

Just like any wedding you need your basics. Where will your elopement be (location, date, time)? How many guests would you like to invite? From there, all you have to do is choose from one of our various packages. After that, we can get down to the details!

Why should I elope?

Traditional weddings can get pricey quick. With an elopment you get to have all of the details of a big wedding without all of the fuss and price tag. Traditional weddings are all about...tradition. Elopments allow for the space that is needed to take a steap back and enjoy the moment with you new forever love and your closest friends and family.

Do you allow for customization?

Send us a chat or email and we would love to discuss details with you!

When should I start planning?

As soon as you can! Dates fill up quickly so don't hesitate.

How many guests can I have at my elopement?

We define an elopement as 10 people or less, including the bride and the groom and children 2 and up.

We're Not From The States; Is Our Marriage Legal Back Home?

The only country (we’re aware of) that requires special documentation is the UK. It’s considered an ‘extended license’ and we are more than happy to advise you on the process. Just reach out!

How Do You Handle Cancellations?

We understand that life happens when we least expect it. In the case of cancellation, the 50% deposit paid at booking is non-refundable.

Do You Perform Same-Sex Marriages?

Absolutley, yes!

Is Drift Looking For New Vendors?

If you're an amazing officiant, photographer, videographer, hair and makeup artist, or musician with an interested in joining our vendor team, please shoot an email to driftelopements@gmail.com

Do we need a beach permit?

Some locations in Naples do require a permit application to be filed to hold your ceremony on the beach however they are very easy to obtain. In fact, Drift will gladly obtain your beach wedding permit for you at no charge, you simply pay for the permit fee, if allowed by the City.

Can we have amplified sound?

We offer bluetooth speaker sound but anything more than that will have to be rented from a vendor. (Beaches do require a amplified sound permit)

Where do you get your bouquet and bout?

All of our floral comes from The Borrowed Blossom and are premium silk flowers. With the Florida heat and humidity, live flowers can wither quite quickly. Not only are TBB's florals stunning but they look, feel and even SMELL real. If you however prefer live flowers, we can offer florists. www.theborrowedblossom.com

Where are you located? What beach locations do you offer?

We service southwest Florida, Texas and Colorado but we are open to travel. Available beaches can be found in: Naples, Florida Bonita Springs. Florida Marco Isalnd, Florida Your Sanibel Island, Florida & Captiva, Florida Ft. Meyers, Florida

Are pets allowed on the beach?

Unfortunatley, no.

What happens if the weather is uncooperative?

We will do our best to re-accommodate your timeline in the event that weather is not permitting. Unless it is heavily storming and lightning, we will try to wait it out or reschedule. We always suggest renting out the Gazebo or a tent in the chance of rain.

How do we book?

Once you have picked your aesthetic and collection, contact us through email or the site chat and we will go from there. We require 50% deposit that is non-refundable should you need to cancel for any reason. The rest is due 30 days before your wedding date. (Ask about our payment plans) If you are planning a pop-up wedding short notice (2 weeks or less) the full amount will be required upon booking.

Can we bring our own decor?

We recognize that couples have things that make their relationship unique. We will allow you to incorporate small, sentimental touches. If you would like to hire an outside vendor, we will not be able to handle any of there food, decor, equipment, etc.

Are rehersals included?

a rehersal is not included. You may add a rehersal to your package for an additional fee of $300.00 for 1 hour. This does not include decor, only the details pertaining to walking down the aisle and the ceremony.

Will there be other people on the beach?

Yes. Most beaches in the State of Florida are public beaches. We cannot “rope off” any part of the beach. There are certain times of the year when the beaches have more beach goers than others. Even “in season” the Families are usually beginning to “pack up” and leave the beach around 4:00. There are usually couples going for strolls along the beach. Many of them “watch” from a distance. There are some areas that are less populated than others. Typically beachgoers are very respectful.

Who performs the ceremony?

A Florida Notary Public or Ordained Minister, male and female Officiants. We cater to all requests, so please feel free to discuss your ceremony needs.

Can we bring our own Officiant to our Drift Elopement?

Certainly, as long as he/she is Ordained or a Notary for the State of FL. The package price does not change but we will credit you $50 toward our add-ons.

Can we bring our own photographer?

Yes! The package price does not change but we credit you $50 to use towards our add-ons.

Do you provide chairs?

Yes, we have multiple options for chairs.

How do I get a marriage license?

Florida residents have a waiting period of 3 days. But for brides and grooms of Drift Elopements Beach Weddings that live outside of Florida, the state has simplified the process by eliminating the waiting period. Out-of-state residents can obtain a license the same day – they just have to make sure they arrive in time to visit the courthouse during regular working hours, which is Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Couples can obtain a license from any county in the State of Florida. Both bride(s) and groom(s) must apply in person, together at the Clerk of the Court. Both must be 18, or have a parent with them to sign consent, and both must have a valid (not expired) State issued photo ID (driver’s license). If either person has been divorced within the past six months, they must bring a copy of their divorce decree. If it has been more than six months, the clerk will want to know the County/ State and date the divorce was finalized. Of course there is a fee – $93.50 for Florida, no blood tests!

What happens to the license after the ceremony?

Remember to bring your marriage license with you to the beach. After your ceremony the Officiant for Drift Elopements signs it, and takes it with him/her to mail the marriage license back to the court for you. The Clerk’s office will then mail you a certified copy. This can take anywhere from one (1) to four (4) weeks. If you have questions about this, you will need to call the Marriage License Department where you applied.

What happens if we have to postpone?

Any deposits/payments will be applied to your new date. Deposits/payments are applicable for up to 6 months from the originally-scheduled ceremony. After that, you forfeit your original deposit and a new deposit and service agreement are needed. If you need to reschedule, please call us for date and time availability.

Can we bring our own champagne and toasting glasses?

Many beaches in Florida do not allow alcohol, and none of them allow glass on the beach. Call for more details.

Can I get my marriage license online or by mail?

Yes! You must obtain a license from a Florida County Clerk of Courts. A FLORIDA marriage license is required in order for us to perform the wedding. If you are doing a vowel renewal, we will need a copy of your marriage certificate for a marriage that Florida would recognize as a legal marriage in this state. We do not perform any other type of service. Marriage License by Mail: Non-Florida residents ONLY – out of state and internationalU.S. Residents $150 International Residents $200 Fees are in addition to the cost of the marriage license ($93.50).Other costs you may incur:Notarization of documents in your home state/countryPostage to return documents to us

How long do we get a photographer for?

For every package, the photographer is booked for 90 minutes.. You may add on additional time for a fee.

Which is better, a sunset ceremony or morning ceremony?

They are both great, it really depends on the look you want for your pictures. The mornings give a brighter, more tropical look. The sunsets have more soft light.

What is the Copyright Release and how does that work?

Unlike many photographers, we allow our clients to have their digital images with a copyright release. The copyright release we provide allows you unlimited personal use and reproduction of your images. You are free to print them, e-mail them, put them on your personal website, etc. You can do just about anything except sell them, enter them in photo contests, use them for any type of monetary gain or advertising, or claim that you took them.

Do you do you do beach weddings only?

depending on your location and package we can do a pop-up wedding anywhere you like. Please contact us for more details.

How do I get my dress to my destination?

Many couples send their dresses to us and we get them pressed and delivered on the day of. If you are traveling internationally, you may want to purchase a simple dress to carry with you, or as some have done, arrive here at their destination wedding a week before and buy it here.

Do you only do beach weddings?

No, Shoot us a message and let's talk!

Do you only allow 3 aestetics?

Definitley not, we welcome all styles. Shoot us a message and let's talk!

How do I pick a location?

We are constantly doing a lot of research around the southwest Florida area and beyond to fid you stunning locations that wont break the bank. Once you decide you want to work with us, we will send you a list of location options and their prices for you to choose from. If none of these are what you're looking for, we will do extra research to find the right location for you.